We recommend using a rice cooker, but it still works using the stovetop method.
- Sushi rice.
- White/Brown rice vinegar
- 1 lemon
- Measure out 1-2 cups of rice and place them in your rice cooker bowl.
- Rinse rice 3-4 times until the water is clear. Then drain.
- Add 2.25 cups of water to every 1 cup of rice. Eg. 2 cups rice = 4.5 cups of water.
- Add 1 tsp of sunflower oil, a tiny pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar. (Add a little more relative to how much rice you’re cooking). Turn the rice cooker on.
- Ping! The cooker is done. Let your rice rest for 15 mins. Beauty takes time.
- Place your rice into a large tupperware or wide tray and remove any overcooked rice.
- Add a dash of rice vinegar, a squeeze of lemon juice and mix the sushi so it's evenly seasoned. Cover for 20 min and mix again.
- Once your sushi rice is cool, it’s ready and delicious.